Tuesday 31 March 2020

Where does it come from?

Do you remember cracking eggs when we made our chocolate cup cakes?
(Here's a photo to remind you)
Today I've been wondering about where our food come from...
Can you choose four ingredients or packages from your kitchen cupboards?
Have a look at the packaging and find out what country does the food come from? 
Can you make your own style of map to show where it come from and how it might have had to get to your home? 
You can use this calculator to work out the food miles of your items;
Let me know what you found out in the comments box below.
From Mrs Binnie

2 comments:

  1. My oranges came from Israel and travelled 2243 miles to get to me.
    My Nutella B-Ready bars did not travel at all as they are made in the UK.
    My Fresh Greens have travelled from Ireland. They have travelled 288 miles to get to me.
    What a journey. It is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zainab, it's great to hear from you. Well done for commenting on the blog and for your great research. My oranges also come from Israel.

    What would you like to grow in our edible playground this year? Some delicious radishes or maybe some lettuce?

    From Mrs Binnie

    ReplyDelete