Thursday 7 May 2020

Zoom in - what's this?

Here' s another scientific Zoom In Year 2 ;
What do you think it is?
 To Zoom In and find out;

Did you realise you were looking at a wasp nest?
Wasps chew up wood to make pulp that they form into this structure. 
What other homes for insects do you know about?
What can you spot around your home or outside?
Can you make your own spiders' web using thread or string or wool?
Watch more about classification on Bitesize Daily; Click Here
From Mrs Binnie

6 comments:

  1. No, I thought it was a honeycomb
    Ants live underground
    I can spot spiders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashlen,

      Good to hear from you! Well done for posting on the blog!

      I spotted three spiders in the cobwebs on my front door - time to get the duster out I think!

      Hope you had a good weekend,
      From Mrs Binnie

      Delete
  2. Zayd’s answers
    Beehive
    Ant tunnel
    Spiders web

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Great observations Zayd.

      I haven't seen any wasps nests yet this year but I have seen some butterflies in the park.

      From Mrs Binnie

      Delete
  3. No.I know ants lives in the ground.

    I can spot from outside of my window flies,bees, grashoppe and wasps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vinda,

    Great spotting! I can see lots of spiders outside my window and by my front door!

    From Mrs Binnie

    ReplyDelete